Saturday, August 8, 2009

Yo, Jo... I'm sorry, I can't go through with this...




You know it's a bad sign when Marlon Wayans is the least annoying thing in a film. I mean, Marlon has made his whole career on being annoying, and he was actually a nice refreshing dose of seriousness! In case you don't know, I'm talking about Rise of Cobra. Some of you may think: Wait, didn't that title have another phrase in it? Yes, Yes it did. But after seeing this... I won't even call it a film... I won't say what the other phrase was.

The only decent part of this two-hour water boarding session was the Paris chase, and that was only because the "characters" stopped being awkward long enough to shoot stuff, and because someone actually used a real gun.

Other than that (and Marlon :) ) the only nice thing I can say about this film is that it had many, many, many tiny little shout-outs. The best was probably Breaker blowing the bubble.
This movie was even worse than G.I. Joe: Resolute which, for those of you fortunate enough to have not seen it, was an awkwardly paced, terribly written bore-fest.

Okay I've worked out my venom (pun) over Rise of Cobra, and all I can do now is sit back, relax, and try to block all memories of it.

Oh, and plug my art prints. Today's sample is called rABBI fISH, originally watercolor and ink on art board, now completely digital. Order yours today!
Quick note: for some reason, the picture is loading in improper colors. The real picture is much more reddish, and I hope to have correct colors up soon. If you just can't wait, e-mail me! And as always, please leave comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment