Okay, so its been a while since an update. In fact, it's a whole new year. Seeing as this is the case, I've decided to do a little year-in-review kind of thing, talking about various high-lights from 2009. Unfortunately, I can only remember things from within the last six months, so here goes, in no particular order:
1. My Dad: For the past thirty years, my dad has had Hepatitis C., which is, for all intents and purposes, incurable. In November of 2008, he went to get some blood work done, and the Viral Load was around three million parts per part of measurement (I don't know what the units are in this; Suffice to say, he was slowly dying of this thing.) Just when he was about to start chemotherapy for this, he lost his job, and has turned into something of a Mr. Mom. Well, during his unemployed time, he got really in touch with God, and after quite a bit of spiritual growth and prayer, he got another job, this time at a hospital. Using this job, he was able to leverage a consultation with a specialist, who performed another Viral Lode test. This time, the number was down to five thousand. You know how cleaning products always claim to kill 99.9% of all germs? Well, this is equivalent. Soon after we received the results of the test, my dad began to regain strength, lose weight, and generally get healthier. And bear in mind that the doctor is aware of both sets of test results. So what we have here is a medically verifiable miracle, a cure for an incurable disease. And just last week, a woman at our church who also had Hep C had similar tests done, with similar results. That's 2 medically verified miracles. Thank you, Jesus!
2. My closet: My bedroom used to be the house garage. As such, it has some unique features, amongst them two closets. This winter, I managed to convert one of my closets into a workbench with which to customize action figure. See pictures above.
3. School: I've completed my first semester of college. Not much to say about that.
4. The book: Ah, E.H.U.D. The whole reason I started this blog. over the course of the year it went from being a two hundred page, rather poorly written little thing into an epic, six hundred page, rather better written monstrosity. And it just keeps getting longer. In the last draft, the book was divided into 2 parts; know its 4 (which, coincidentally, fixes the problem stated in my last post). In the new year, I plan to finish it, as well as start a Wiki to provide a fan community site, as well as a easier means of reading past chapters.
5. God: Over this past year, I've come much closer to God, really improved my relationship with him and with others. I don't really want to talk about it in too much detail here, but if you want to know more, just email me. On a related note, I spent the New Year's weekend in Kansas City at IHOP, getting totally blasted in the holy spirit. It was awesome, and if you get the chance to go, I suggest you do.
Okay, well, I'm running out of time and can't type much longer, so... Hope you all had a good new year's, and look forward to a new chapter coming soon!