Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Archived For Posterity...

     Hoo boy...  It's been a year since my last "State of the Human"...  Wow.  What a year it's been.
     So, remember all those positive developments I mentioned last year?  Well, they've all been reversed.  Couldn't cut it in Hollywood, moved in back home, and return to my old job next Monday.  And that... That's not the worst part.  Not even close.
     A month and a half after my post, my father unexpectedly passed away.  He had been sick for many years, but still had a fairly decent prognosis, as far as I knew.  Then, he was taken to the hospital while on a business trip in Connecticut and quickly became unresponsive.  Two days later, he was taken off of life support, and on March 17, succumbed to undiagnosed liver cancer.  While I was home for the funeral, we put my dog, Goliath, down, as he was fifteen, partially blind, and suffering from heart failure.
     Back in LA, I had a little over a month of support and stability at film school before the semester ended and I was cast adrift on an uncaring city.  My internship ended and I was unable to find a job for two months.  I lived in a small room of a very large house, mostly writing and looking for a job.  Some good news: I finished (mostly) E.H.U.D. (The rest is coming, don't worry!)  Also some good news, whilst doing background work on a film, I met a girl and soon thereafter went on my first date.  It didn't go anywhere...
     In late June, I got a job as a telephone fundraiser, raising funds for LGBT groups.  As a staunch conservative, it wasn't fun for me.  But it was a paycheck...
     On July, running out of funds and with pressure from mom, I drove back cross-country on a day's notice and returned home.  A month later, we moved from our nice large house into a tiny condo.  Since then, I've been writing and looking for a job.  Right now, I'm at The Home Depot, and am working through my second book, "Dear Sir, You Shall Taste My Blistering Fury."  I'm sort of in a relationship now with a beautiful young woman I met online, and am looking for a publisher for E.H.U.D.
     So...  That's been my year.  Every major life change short of divorce has happened to me, and most days I'm depressed.  But the future is looking moderately brighter, and it's my sincere hope that next year's "State of the Human" will be a lot more positive...

No comments:

Post a Comment