Monday, February 13, 2017

Archived For Posterity...

     
       So, this is a little late...
       Year five of my state of the human.  Wow.  I'm sure twenty years from now I'll look back on this and think, "I remember blogger... I wonder if there's anyway to access that old content.  Anyway..."  Anyway.  Updates on what was mentioned last year: Still at J.D. Young, printing away.  Still have the dog.  Still trying to lose weight, but back up to 291.  Still intermittently editing EHUD, while Dear Sir is on hold.  Haven't sold any short stories either.  In fact, all of the writing is on hold.  Except...
       Screen writing.  I've written and directed (and starred in!) a short entitled Mint in Box.  See that poster up there?  That's it.  And that's my girlfriend Felicity up there; we've been going steady for over a year now, and the plan is for me to move down with her in the next few months.  After the move, I'll be starting a wonderful adventure with her: Writing and directing my first feature film.  Co-written by and starring Felicity and some of her friends, Full Noon is a low-budget (low-low, what some would call no-budget) horror film that we're looking to Kickstart for about $5,000.  More on that as it develops.  On this production, I'll remember that I have a blog, and keep it updated.  Turns out, Felicity has a passion for special effects makeup, and will be creating our creature and giving everyone wounds.
       Okay, anything else... I'm starting to go bald; the front is thinning.   My grandfather died last year at the age of 89.  I just got back from Las Vegas with Felicity; we saw Evil Dead the Musical, and it was great.  The Wretched, the local film for which I wrote the novelization, went through reshoots, and I got to be involved this time.
       So 2017 is looking good thus far.  I look forward to what it may bring, and wish all my readers (some of you must exist, right?) a good year as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment